Italian Meatball Casserole
I have frozen it in meal size portions for my husband to take when he is working away on our other properties.
- 600 g
- pork mince.
- large brown onion. finely chopped
- olive oil spray or just a bit of olive oil
- garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp
- fennel seeds
- 400 g
- can chopped tomatoes
- 1 c
- chicken stock
- 2 x 400 g
- cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 dash(es)
- fresh basil leaves
How to Make Italian Meatball Casserole
- 1Place fresh pork mince, egg and half the onion in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Using your hands , roll tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- 2Spray large saucepan with olive oil or just add a bit of olive oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs in batches, 3-5 minutes until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- 3Add garlic, fennel seed and remaining onion tothe pan. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until onion is ssofttened. Add the tomato, stock, beans and zucchini. Return the meatballs to the opan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a medium-low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until meatball and zucchini are done.
- 4Top with torn fresh basil leaves. Serve on thin spaghetti, mashed potatoes, or rice and Crusty bread.