I got your back Jack ....“ baby backs “
Irisa Raina 9
Of course this is optional, but if you do add it make sure you remove the pot from the heat.
Even one drop can flame up so please be careful.
And for removing the silver skin, I use a pair of needle nose pliers. These do not go outside of my kitchen, but if you don’t have these you can wet some paper towels and pull it off that way.
Also I should say that most of the alcohol will cook off, so if you are serving these to the young’ins you won’t have to worry.
- 1 slab baby backs
- 1 – 12 ounce bottle tropicana no pulp orange juice
- 2 or 3 jiggers of jim beam bourbon “ optional “ i used 3 ha ha ha
- ½ cup honey
- 1 – 12 ounce bottle chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons bold mustard
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper “ or to taste “
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- heavy duty foil
How to Make I got your back Jack ....“ baby backs “
- 1FOR THE MARINADE:
- 2Reserve 1 cup to serve on the side.
- 4Make a foil boat for the ribs.
- 7Put them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- 9When the coals are ready, place the foil package to the side for “indirect cooking”..
- 10Close the cover of the grille and cook for about 1 hour.
- 12Add more coals if necessary.
- 14Once they are beautifully browned they are done.
- 15Serve with some additional sauce on the side.