Honey Walnut Pork Chops
- box of stuffing mix, pork flavor
- 1 c
- orange juice
- 1/2 c
- boiling water
- 1/3 c
- walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 2 - 4 large
- bone in pork chops about 1 1/2" to 2" thick
- 2 - 4 slice
- bacon, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- salt and pepper
How to Make Honey Walnut Pork Chops
- 11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 22. Combine the stuffing mix with 1/2 cup orange juice, boiling water, walnuts and butter. Let stand 5-10 minutes
- 33. Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops. Mound 1/2 cup of the stuffing mixture on each pork chop and press it down a little. Place a strip of bacon underneath the pork chop and bring the bacon to the top. Twist the bacon, like in the first step of tying a shoe.
- 44. Place in a prepared pan or casserole dish.
- 55. Mix the remaining orange juice, honey and sherry(if using). Spoon this over the pork.
- 66. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes depending on the thickness of the pork chops. I used two, two inch pork chops and my dish took 60 minutes. Baste after 20 minutes, bake for another 20 minutes and baste again. I basted the pork chops just before serving them and drizzled extra virgin olive oil on top.
- 7I had stuffing left so I served it on the side.