Honey Walnut Pork Chops
1box of stuffing mix, pork flavor
1 corange juice
1/2 cboiling water
1/3 cwalnuts, toasted and chopped
2 Tbspunsalted butter
2 - 4 largebone in pork chops about 1 1/2" to 2" thick
2 - 4 slicebacon, uncooked
·salt and pepper
How to Make Honey Walnut Pork Chops
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Combine the stuffing mix with 1/2 cup orange juice, boiling water, walnuts and butter. Let stand 5-10 minutes
- 3. Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops. Mound 1/2 cup of the stuffing mixture on each pork chop and press it down a little. Place a strip of bacon underneath the pork chop and bring the bacon to the top. Twist the bacon, like in the first step of tying a shoe.
- 4. Place in a prepared pan or casserole dish.
- 5. Mix the remaining orange juice, honey and sherry(if using). Spoon this over the pork.
- 6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes depending on the thickness of the pork chops. I used two, two inch pork chops and my dish took 60 minutes. Baste after 20 minutes, bake for another 20 minutes and baste again. I basted the pork chops just before serving them and drizzled extra virgin olive oil on top.
- I had stuffing left so I served it on the side.