Holiday Pork Chops
Here is a recipe that I love. It's easy and tastes like I fussed. It's great when I have relatives over that aren't going to be with us on Christmas. I usually serve this with scalloped potatoes and a vegetable.
- 1 6 oz. box chicken or corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 6 boneless pork chops (about 3/4 in. thick)
- 1 lg. granny smith apple cored, peeled and chopped
How to Make Holiday Pork Chops
- 1Prepare stuffing mix as directed. Peel,core and chop the apple.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Pour pie filling in 9x13 and spread it out. Put the chopped apple in the pie filling evenly. Place the chops in the pie filling and top with prepared stuffing mix.
Cover baking dish and bake 35 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake 10 minutes or until chops are completely done. With a pancake turner, serve up the chops trying to have the pie filling on the bottom, then the chop with the stuffing on top.
- 2Note: If you'd like, I have sauteed 1 cup finely chopped onion and 1/2cup finely chopped celery in butter until both were tender. I poured the butter and onion mixture in the stuffing and blended it together. This gives everything a little more taste when baking.