Holiday Balsamic Maple Glazed Ham
Vanessa "Nikita" Milare
- 1/4 c
- balsamic vinegarette dressing
- 1/4 c
- maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp
- grey poupon dijon mustard
- bone in skinless ham, shank or butt end portion
- 2 lb
- parsnips, trimmed, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch spears
- 1-1/2 lb
- baby carrots
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Holiday Balsamic Maple Glazed Ham
- 1First preheat the oven to 325F. Mix the dressing, syrup & mustard in a small bowl. Then place ham fat side up in a roasting pan. Then diagonally score the ham. Cover with foil & bake for about 1 hour.
- 2Next Remove the foil & brush the ham with 1/3 of the glaze. bake again uncovered for about 1 hour more or until fully heated. Brush with remaining glaze about every 20 mins. In a large shallow pan toss the carrots & parsnips with the oil. Add them to the ham at the last 45 mins of baking. Make sure to turn the veggies everytime you brush the ham with glaze.
- 3Then remove the ham from the oven & tranfer to a cutting board. Tent with foil & let stand for about 15 mins. In the mean time increase the heat to 425F. Continue to roasr theveggies for about 15 mins, turning every 5 mins & serve with the ham.