Herb Crusted Pork Roast
I like to chop up potatoes into small cubes and season them up with some garlic and spices and place them into the oven when I drop the temperature. It's the perfect cooking time/temp for them and they make a great side dish for the roast.
How to Make Herb Crusted Pork Roast
- 1Preheat oven to 475 degrees and line a casserole dish with no-stick aluminum foil (for easy clean-up).
- 2Place the pork loin in casserole dish.
- 3Combine the olive oil, salt, garlic, thyme, basil and rosemary in a small bowl.
- 4With your fingers, massage the herb mixture onto the pork roast, covering all of the meat.
- 5Sprinkle the top of the pork roast with brown sugar, about 2 tablespoons or to taste.
- 6Cook the roast for 30 minutes at 475 degrees, then reduce the heat to 425 degrees and continue to cook it for an additional hour.
- 7Remove from oven and cover lightly with foil and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes before carving. It will continue to cook while it rests. (Don't worry about the black around the pork loin - the pork loin is NOT burnt. The black is from the brown sugar.)
- 8Serve and enjoy!