Hawaiian Pulled pork sandwiches
1 pkgmccormick grill mates hawaiian luau
1 tspfresh ground pepper
3 1/2 lbboneless pork shoulder
1/2 cchicken broth
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/4 csoy sauce
1 cchili sauce
6 ozpineapple juice
3 pkghawaiian sweet rolls
How to Make Hawaiian Pulled pork sandwiches
- Hawaiian Sauce:
2 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- In small bowl, combine hawaiian luau mix, paprika and pepper. Coat the pork the with rub mixture, patting until all rub is used. Set aside
- In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili sauce and pineapple juice. Set aside.
- Put the chopped onions and carrots in a 5-quart slow cooker. Place the pork on top of the carrots and onions and pour half of the pineapple juice mixture over pork. Reserve remainder for Hawaiian sauce. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. The meat should fall apart easily.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker to a cutting board. Using 2 forks carefully pull the meat into shreds. Remove carrots onions and the fluids from the slowcooker.
- In a medium pot heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining pineapple juice mixture, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until reduced to a sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place pork back in slowcooker and cover with the sauce and toss the pork until well covered. Keep in Slow cooker for an hour then serve on rolls or buns.