Hawaiian Fried Rice
- 4 c
- cold cooked rice, any type
- 1 lb
- link sausage, like hillshire farms . . . try spam if you want a really authentic experience
- green onions, slliced
- sweet onion finely chopped
- clove minced garlic
- pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- soy sauce
- 1/4 c
- oyster sauce
How to Make Hawaiian Fried Rice
- 1Heat your wok up and fry your sausage. Remove the sausage but leave the grease.
- 2Add 1 Tblspn of oil, the onions and garlic. Cook until onion is nice and browned. Remove and set aside.
- 3Make sure your wok is good and hot. Add the rest of the oil and butter. Turn rice and gently break it up until all the grains are separate and have some oil on them. Turn the heat way up till the wok is hot and the rice is popping. Let it sit until it sizzles, then turn, sit. Sizzle. Turn sit sizzle. This might take a while but don't get impatient, you want lots of crunchy grains throughout.
- 4Combine the sauces and salt, add and stir through to disperse evenly.
- 5Add the pineapple and stir until its just warmed. Add back in the meat and vegetables. Stir until reheated.
- 6Serve hot and make plenty for leftovers!