Hawaiian Fried Rice
4 ccold cooked rice, any type
1 lblink sausage, like hillshire farms . . . try spam if you want a really authentic experience
2green onions, slliced
1sweet onion finely chopped
1clove minced garlic
1pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into small pieces
1/4 csoy sauce
1/4 coyster sauce
How to Make Hawaiian Fried Rice
- Heat your wok up and fry your sausage. Remove the sausage but leave the grease.
- Add 1 Tblspn of oil, the onions and garlic. Cook until onion is nice and browned. Remove and set aside.
- Make sure your wok is good and hot. Add the rest of the oil and butter. Turn rice and gently break it up until all the grains are separate and have some oil on them. Turn the heat way up till the wok is hot and the rice is popping. Let it sit until it sizzles, then turn, sit. Sizzle. Turn sit sizzle. This might take a while but don't get impatient, you want lots of crunchy grains throughout.
- Combine the sauces and salt, add and stir through to disperse evenly.
- Add the pineapple and stir until its just warmed. Add back in the meat and vegetables. Stir until reheated.
- Serve hot and make plenty for leftovers!