Ham with Honey-Chipotle Sauce in a Crockpot
8 - 10 lbfully cooked, bone-in ham (sized to fit in your crockpot)
2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed, divided
2 1/4 cginger ale
4 1/2 tspcider vinegar
4chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
1 1/2 tspdijon mustard
8 ozpineapple, crushed, reserve juice
3/4 tspcinnamon, ground
3/4 tspcumin, ground
How to Make Ham with Honey-Chipotle Sauce in a Crockpot
- Prepare ham by scoring the surface with 1/2 inch deep diamond pattern.
Spray a 4 1/2 - 5 quart crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix reserved pineapple juice with 1 cup of brown sugar. Pour in the bottom of the crockpot.
Place scored ham on top of brown sugar/pineapple mixture.
- In a medium saucepan mix remaining 1 cup brown sugar, ginger ale, honey and vinegar. Cook to a boil; reduce to half (about 15 minutes or so). Add remaining ingredients and cook for about another 5 minutes.
Note: I only use 1/2 of the crushed pineapple.
- Reserve 1 cup of sauce and set aside. Pour remaining sauce over the ham. Cook on low for about 7 hours on low.
- After 7 hours pour reserved cup of sauce over the ham and continue to cook for 1 more hour.
Ham will be fork tender.