Ham Pot Pie
This is a meal that can serve 4 or a bigger crowd depending on the amount of potatoes and dumpling squares added...
- 1 small
- pre-cooked ham...or 1 pkg of ham pieces.
- 4 c
- 1 pinch
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Ham Pot Pie
- 1Bring ham or ham pieces to a boil....simmer for 1 hr.
- 2Add flour..salt...and eggs. Mix. When mixed, add 3T of water to dough. If dough is to watery add more flour...if to thick add more water 1T at a time. The dough ratio is very versatile a little more water or a little more flour will not make a difference. I prefer a stiffer dough as it is easier to roll out. My grandmother preferred a looser dough.
- 3Turn broth up to a boil.
- 4Peel and half potatoes and add to broth with dough squares.
- 5Continue boiling for 10-15 minutes or until dough and potatoes are cooked stirring occasionally.