Ham and Swiss crepes (with Honey Mustard sauce)
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 c
- 1 1/2 lb
- ham, ground
- 8 oz
- swiss cheese, grated
- large carrot, greated very fine
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top before baking
MAKE A WHITE SAUCE
FOR THE FILLING (TO BE ADDED TO THE WHITE SAUCE)
FOR THE CREPES
How to Make Ham and Swiss crepes (with Honey Mustard sauce)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2FOR THE WHITE SAUCE:
Melt the butter and add the flour. Stir vigorously to make a paste. Add milk all at once, stirring continuously. Stir until the sauce has thickened. Remove form heat.
- 3Grate and grind the ham,carrot and swiss cheese. ( I use a grinder attachment for my kitchen aid, which I love!) You can also use a food processor.
Add to the white sauce, and mix until completely blended.
- 4FOR THE CREPES:
Add all crepe ingredients and mix until well blended and smooth. If bubbles appear, let rest while preparing the filling. Butter a small frying pan. Spoon in the batter, about 2 tablespoons at a time, to the heated,buttered pan. Tilt the pan, swirling the batter evenly to make a circle about 7 inches in diameter. Let cook over medium/low heat, until edges appear dry, and slightly browned. Turn crepe over, and heat the other side for an additional minute to set. Use all batter, making one crepe at a time, set aside. (makes about 10 7 inch crepes)
- 5Place about 1/4 cup (more or less) in the middle of each crepe and roll like a cigar. Place seam side down in a baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.