Ham and Mac Bake
3 1/2 ozmacaroni, dry
2 Tbspbrown sugar
2 Tbspmustard or less if you no not care for a pretty strong mustard flavor
2 cham, cooked and cubed
2apples, peeled and sliced
1/4 cplain bread crumbs
How to Make Ham and Mac Bake
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Any dry pasta will do if you do not have macaroni on hand. Pennini works well.
- In large saucepan melt the 1/4 cup butter; blend in flour, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add milk all at once; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cooked macaroni, ham and apple slices.
- Turn mixture into a 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and dot 2 tsp butter over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for about 35 minutes.