Ha ha ha you’re a frittata ta ta
Irisa Raina 91
I love to do frittatas and quiches with left over ham and when you throw in lots of vegetables you just can’t go wrong.
I served this with a garden salad loaded with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, red onions, fresh spinach & yellow bell pepper. I topped it with my “honey mustard salad dressing “ posted here on JAP.
What a perfect summer Sunday dinner!
- about 2 cups of ham cut into bite size pieces
- 2 & ½ - 3 cups frozen hash browns “defrosted”
- 1 medium sweet onion “cut into bite size pieces “
- ½ red bell pepper “ cut into bite size pieces”
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 2 really big handfuls of fresh spinach “rough chopped “
- fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large yolk
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese “ grated “ divided in ½
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- pam non stick cooking spray
- cookie sheet and either foil or parchment
How to Make Ha ha ha you’re a frittata ta ta
- 1Cut the ham into bite size pieces.
- 2Put the butter into a medium sautéing pan, and when it it’s all melted add the onions and sugar. Cook for about 10 minutes on a very low flame, stirring often.
- 7Lightly spray the pie pan.
- 8Put the hash browns on the bottom of the pan.
- 15Baking times will depend on your oven…so you’ll have to adjust the time and temperature accordingly.