Guinness Bangers and Mash
- bangers (mild italian sausage would do)
- onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can(s)
- guinness beer
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- red potatoes, peeled with some red left, and quartered
- 1/4 c
- 1/8 c
- half and half
- 2-3 Tbsp
How to Make Guinness Bangers and Mash
- 1Fill a large pot half way with water, and add the potatoes. Sprinkle some salt in the water. Once boiling, boil for 15-20 mins or until potatoes are fork tender. Depends on how big you cut the potatoes.
- 2In a large, deep-sided skillet, pour the Guinness and turn heat to med. Add the bangers. Poach the bangers in Guinness.
- 3Heat the oil and butter in a skillet and sauté the onion till nicely browned.
- 4Remove the bangers and add to the onion pan for some browning.
- 5Strain the potatoes and dump into a mixing bowl. Add the milk, cream, butter, salt & pepper and mix until mashed.
- 6Serve the bangers & onions over the mash. Don't forget the Guinness to wash it down!