☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbhot bulk pork sausage
1.5 lblean ground beef
3/4 cregular grits
1/4 tspgarlic powder
14 ozjar of pizza sauce
10 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 largegreen pepper, chopped
How to Make Grits Italiano
- Brown sausage and ground beef in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain well.
- Cook grits according to package directions; spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Combine pizza sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Layer half each of pizza sauce, meat, green pepper, onion and cheese over grits.
- Repeat layers, omitting remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Add remaing cheese and bake uncovered, an additional 5 minutes.