GRILLED REUBEN, SOUTHERN STYLE
2 slicepumpernickel bread
1 1/2 tspbutter, softened
2 tspthousand island dressing
2 sliceswiss cheese, sandwich-size
2 or 3 slicehickory smoked ham lunchmeat
1/4 csauerkraut, very well drained
How to Make GRILLED REUBEN, SOUTHERN STYLE
- Preheat indoor grill, griddle or fry pan. (Medium/medium high heat.)
- Tear and arrange remaining cheese slice over sauerkraut.
- Cook for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes (depending on pan or grill and heat. Be careful not to burn!)
- Turn sandwich over, placing the sandwich in the opposite direction.
- Cook for another minute or 2, until cheese is melted.