Grilled Italian Panini
If you so choose you can adapt this recipe for a Panini grill, just follow the grilling instructions that came with your Panini maker.
2 slicegenoa salami
4 slicehard salami
2 slicespiced ham
3 sliceprosciutto, very thinly sliced
2 slicewisconsin asiago
2 slicewisconsin smoked cheddar
2 Tbspchipotle mayo
1 ozsauteed red onions
1ciabatta roll - sliced
1 bottleolive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Grilled Italian Panini
- Spread chipotle aioli evenly on the top and bottom piece of sliced Ciabatta bread.
- Arrange cheese, and meats on one slice – starting with cheese and ending with cheese so the meat is in the middle. Add the onions and top with bread and brush with oil.
- Preheat your grill on low heat and spray or brush your grates with olive oil and place the sandwich on the top rack of your grill - preferably the warming rack.
- Close the grill and allow cooking for approximately 2 minutes per side, flipping just once. Remove from grill and slice on the bias and serve with bread and butter pickles and your favorite pasta salad.
- If you enjoy garden fresh tomatoes and lettuce just add them after the sandwich is done grilling.