Erin Kane Warner
- 2 1/2-3 lb
- pork shoulder
- 24 medium
- 12 pablano/ 12 anaheim peppers,fresh
- 1 medium
- habanero pepper, fresh/ or jalapeno
- garlic salt
- 2 1/2 c
- sharp chedder cheese, shredded
How to Make Green Chili
- 2while doing this add oil to a pan cut into bite size pieces and brown pork, add lots of garlic salt to taste ( this breaks down the acid and prevents heartburn) drain the meat then lightly coat with flour to soak up any grease.
- 3peal the skin off of the peppers and remove the seeds chop into 1/2 inch to an inch pieces.
- 4add meat and peppers to a large pot, cover with water (about an inch or two over) then simmer about 45 minutes. the meat should melt in your mouth, and the peppers should be nice and soft.
- 5eat out of the bowl and top with cheese or wrap in a tortilla with cheese and sour cream. Also great the next day mixed with scrambled eggs and wrap in a tortilla for a breakfast burrito. Enjoy!