Greek style grilled pork loin served over roasted garlic and fresh veggie couscous
1 mediummediterranean herbed pork loin (i use hormel) 1pound 7 ozs.
2 Tbspolive oil to coat pork loin
1 box5.8 oz. roasted garlic and olive oil couscous (i use near east)
1 tspground black pepper
1/2 ccherry tomatoes quartered
1/2 cblack olives sliced
1/3 cfinely chopped cucumber
1/3 cfinely chopped red onion
1 cfeta cheese crumbled
12 mediumbasil leaves finely chopped
2 Tbsp(i use cavender’s salt free greek seasonings) but any greek seasoning will do.
1/2 cextra virigin olive oil
1 bunchfresh mint leaves chop 1/4 cup for couscous and rest for garnish
How to Make Greek style grilled pork loin served over roasted garlic and fresh veggie couscous
- Prepare medium to hot fire in a charcoal grill (with cover). Make sure you oil the grill with olive oil (I use as paper towel to rub oil onto warm grill) if using a gas grill preheat to medium of medium high or 300 degrees. . I use charcoal and wood chips for all my grilling.
- Remove pork loin from package and place on platter rub olive oil all over the loin cover with plastic wrap.
- Boil 1 ½ cups water on stovetop in small pot. Pour couscous into large bowl add ground black pepper, and Greek Seasoning then pour boiling water over couscous cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes then flake with fork cover and place in frig until all veggies have been prepared. I do my couscous the day before so the veggies have time to flavor the couscous.
- Quarter cherry tomatoes, chop cucumber,red onion,fresh basil leaves and mint leaves, I used canned sliced black olives add all to the cooled couscous and mix well. Add 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil mix well.Cover with plastic wrap and return to frig. While you grill pork loin.
- Place pork loin in center of grill turn every 15 minutes on every side. On my grill it took 45 minutes Close grill last 15 minutes
Note: You could do the same recipe on a large grill pan on your stovetop too!
Remove pork loin from grill when done and cover with a piece of foil to tent pork loin to rest
- Plating begins with 2-3 large spoons of couscous in a dinner size pasta plate with sides or just a dinner plate. Slice 4 slices of pork loin and place on top of couscous drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil on top of meat and garnish with fresh mint.