★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 lbpork tenderloin
1 largegreen pepper
1 largeyellow pepper
1 largered pepper
1 largesweet onion
2 Tbsporegano, dried
1 tspsalt and pepper to taste
6 to 8shish-ka-bob sticks (soaked in water if using wood ones to prevent burning)
How to Make Greek Pork Skewers
- Cut vegetables into 1.5 inch pieces and set aside.
- Cut meat into 1.5 inch cubes(remove any fat and tendons) and place in container with tight fitting lid.
- Squeeze lemon over meat. I use 2 if the lemons are smaller.
- Crush dried oregano in the palm of your hand to release flavor and sprinkle over meat.
- sprinkle salt and pepper over meat. I do about a teaspoon of each.
- Crush garlic clove over meat.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup olive oil over meat. Cover with lid and shake until well coated.
- Set in refrigerator for 30 min up to two hours. *Remember the acid in lemon juice will start to cook the meat so don't leave it too long.
- after about 30 minutes or so remove meat from the fridge and skewer meat onto shish-ka-bob sticks alternating with the vegetables.
- Sear ka-bobs first and then cook over med/high heat on your grill or broil in the oven until the pork is thouroughly cooked - about 15 to 18 minutes. Make sure you watch it closely - I'm going by my grills cooking temperature and time...
I like to serve it with beef bullion flavored rice and a salad or spinich salad.