- loaf (1 lb.) unsliced french bread
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 lb
- bulk italian sausage
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 2 c
- (8oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Great Subs
- 1Cut your french bread in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop the bread from the top and bottom of loaf leaving a 1-inch shell. Cube the scooped out bread.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, pepper and salt. Add the bread cubes and toss lightly and set aside.
- 3In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until no pink shows in sausage; drain. Add to the bread mixture. spoon your filling into both shells and sprinkle with cheese.
- 4Wrap each sub in foil and bake at 400 20-25 minutes or til cheese is all melted. Cut into serving slices. 6 servings