Grandmother's Kentucky Spaghetti
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbjimmy dean or your favorite sausage
1/2 boxwhole wheat spaghetti (we prefer)
1 can(s)tomato soup
2-3 cvelvetta cheese (i use 2%) or 4 cheese shreaded
1 clow fat sour cream
2 cmushrooms (we like mushroom in every thing, not in grandmother's original recipe)
How to Make Grandmother's Kentucky Spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Select a large casserole dish and spray with Pam. (Hint: I like it with a lid so I can just set in the fridge and reheat next day)
- Using a large sauce pan 1/2 filled with water, make your sausage into small balls (12-14). Bring to a boil and cook until no longer pink.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Combine tomato soup, sour cream and set aside.
- Cut up Velevetta into half inch cubes and set aside.
- Place spaghetti in casserole dish, add sausage balls, pour tomato soup mixture over and stir...add in Velvetta and optional mushroom slices. Stir to combine well.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until brown and bubbly. If I am in a hurry I bake with lid on and take off to brown last 5 minutes.
I usually serve cornbread and peas or broccoli. Great on a cold Michigan night!