Grandmother's Kentucky Spaghetti
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- jimmy dean or your favorite sausage
- 1/2 box
- whole wheat spaghetti (we prefer)
- 1 can(s)
- tomato soup
- 2-3 c
- velvetta cheese (i use 2%) or 4 cheese shreaded
- 1 c
- low fat sour cream
- 2 c
- mushrooms (we like mushroom in every thing, not in grandmother's original recipe)
How to Make Grandmother's Kentucky Spaghetti
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Select a large casserole dish and spray with Pam. (Hint: I like it with a lid so I can just set in the fridge and reheat next day)
- 2Using a large sauce pan 1/2 filled with water, make your sausage into small balls (12-14). Bring to a boil and cook until no longer pink.
- 3Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 4Combine tomato soup, sour cream and set aside.
- 5Cut up Velevetta into half inch cubes and set aside.
- 6Place spaghetti in casserole dish, add sausage balls, pour tomato soup mixture over and stir...add in Velvetta and optional mushroom slices. Stir to combine well.
- 7Bake 40-45 minutes until brown and bubbly. If I am in a hurry I bake with lid on and take off to brown last 5 minutes.
I usually serve cornbread and peas or broccoli. Great on a cold Michigan night!