Grandma Gory's Chow Mein casserole
I am posting this in memory of her...and tapping on memory for the details. I am not positive I have it all in there, it may have contained rice. This is how I make it.
It really is delicious :)
- 1 lb
- ground pork (or beef)
- stalks chopped celery
- 1 medium
- onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 c
- skim milk or water
- 2-3 Tbsp
- soy sauce, low sodium
- bag or container chow mein noodles
- mushrooms, canned-optional
How to Make Grandma Gory's Chow Mein casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Saute the veggies in the butter until soft. Add the meat and brown; drain.
- 2Combine the soup, milk or water and soy sauce; mix well.
- 3Add the soup mixture to the meat and veggies; then add 1 cup of the chow mein noodles. Place in a grased casserole dish.
- 4You can top it with a 1/2 cup or so of the chow mein noodles.
- 5Bake about 30 mins or until its bubbly.
- 6Serve with more soy sauce and chow mein noodles at the table for everyone to add if they desire.