Grandma Gory's Chow Mein casserole
I am posting this in memory of her...and tapping on memory for the details. I am not positive I have it all in there, it may have contained rice. This is how I make it.
It really is delicious :)
1 lbground pork (or beef)
2-4stalks chopped celery
1 mediumonion chopped
1 can(s)cream of celery soup, undiluted
1/2 cskim milk or water
2-3 Tbspsoy sauce, low sodium
1bag or container chow mein noodles
How to Make Grandma Gory's Chow Mein casserole
- Preheat oven to 350. Saute the veggies in the butter until soft. Add the meat and brown; drain.
- Combine the soup, milk or water and soy sauce; mix well.
- Add the soup mixture to the meat and veggies; then add 1 cup of the chow mein noodles. Place in a grased casserole dish.
- You can top it with a 1/2 cup or so of the chow mein noodles.
- Bake about 30 mins or until its bubbly.
- Serve with more soy sauce and chow mein noodles at the table for everyone to add if they desire.