Grandma Gardner's Smothered Pork Chops
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- bone in pork chops
- 2 qt
- tomatoes, home canned preferred
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- ground cinnamon
- 2 medium
- onions, halved and sliced
How to Make Grandma Gardner's Smothered Pork Chops
- 1Brown pork chops, then place in an ovenproof dish.
- 2Meanwhile put tomatoes and remaining ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce hit and simmer until onion is tender.
- 3Pour tomato mixture over pork chops. Seal pan with foil and bake at 375-degrees for an hour or until pork chops are tender and meat is falling off bone.
- 4Serve with rice. The tomato sauce is wonderful on rice. The whole house will smell wonderful while this is cooking.