Glazed baby back ribs
- 12 ounces dr pepper soda or your favorite brown cola
- 4 ounces prepared barbecue sauce
- one slab back ribs, 2 1/2 to 3 pounds
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground celery seed or celery salt, if you use celery salt, decrease amount of additional salt by half
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt or coarse ground sea salt
How to Make Glazed baby back ribs
- 1pour soda into a small pan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer until reduced by three quarters or until about 3 ounces is left in the pan. Stir in barbecue sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2To make the rub, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Rub the entire slab of ribs with molasses. Then evenly coat the entire surface with the rub.
- 3Preheat oven to 250°. Wrap the ribs into layers of plastic wrap. Wrap again with foil. Place the ribs on a sheet pan and bake for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until a bone can be easily pulled from the meat.
Remove from the oven and remove the foil and plastic wrap. Glaze the entire slab of ribs with the sauce. Raise the oven temperature to 450°. Place the ribs back in the oven, uncovered. Cook for about five minutes or until the sauce starts to bubble and caramelized. Remove from the oven and apply additional sauce as desired. Using a sharp knife, slice the ribs into portions between the bones and serve. Makes two servings.