Geschnetzeltes (Pork and Mushrooms)
1/2 lbboneless pork, cut in 1" x 1/2" pieces (i use one of those thick pork chops you get at costco)
2 Tbspvegetable oil
6-8 ozfresh mushrooms (or two 4-oz. cans)
3/4 cchicken or vegetable broth
1 tspworcestershire sauce
1 tspdijon mustard
1/2 cheavy cream or half & half
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Geschnetzeltes (Pork and Mushrooms)
- Brown pork in oil; remove from pan.
- Add mushrooms, and sauté about 5 minutes. Add flour and toss mushrooms to coat. Cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, Worcestershire, and mustard. Simmer gently, about 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add cream, salt, pepper, and meat. Heat another couple of minutes (to reheat the meat).
- Serve over rösti (shredded potatoes cooked and browned in a large pancake), rice, or noodles.