GERMAN POTATO SALAD W/TURKEY KIELBASA OR LITTLE SMOKIES
3 lb(about 9 medium) russet potatoes
6 slicebacon, diced
3/4 cchopped onion
1/2 tspcelery seed
1 pkgturkey kielbasa, sliced or 1 pkg. little smokies, cut up
How to Make GERMAN POTATO SALAD W/TURKEY KIELBASA OR LITTLE SMOKIES
- Wash potatoes; peel and cut into eighths. Place potatoes in a large cooking pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 min.
- While potatoes are boiling, mix together flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and celery seed. in a 2 cup measuring cup, mix the water and vinegar.
- Drain potatoes, place back in cooking pot; set aside.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; remove and drain. cook and stir onion in bacon drippings until tender and golden brown. stir in flour mixture. Cook over low heat stirring until bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in water and vinegar. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Add kielbasa or smokies. Boil and stir 1 min. Crumble bacon over potatoes; pour meat mixture over potatoes and bacon. Stir until well coated.