German Mustard and Beer Sausages with Onions
Photo by me. (*Made with Hillshire Farm Knockwurst and Johnsonville Bratwurst.)
- sausages (assorted such as knockwurst, bratwurst, weisswurst, weiners or your choice)
- 1/4 cup
- 2 Tbl.
- gulden's or french's spicy brown mustard
- medium onion, chopped into large chunks
- 3 Tbl.
- vegetable oil
- 1 Tbl.
- soft or crusty hoagie rolls (your choice), warmed
- extra spicy brown mustard for dipping, optional
How to Make German Mustard and Beer Sausages with Onions
- 1Steam sausages 8 to 10 minutes. Cool sausages until cool enough to handle. Slice at an angle and add into large frying pan. Saute sausage and onion chunks in oil and butter until the onions are softened and sausage and onions start to brown. Be sure to turn sausages to brown both sides. Add beer and mustard. Stir until mixture is well coated and warmed through. Pile into warmed rolls or serve with boiled potatoes, cooked cabbage and chunks of rye bread and butter. Serve with extra mustard for dipping.