☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 sliceham steaks, 1 inch thick
1/4 cminced white onion
4 Tbspdark brown sugar, packed
4 Tbspirish whiskey
3/4 cham stock (better than bouillon)
·pepper to taste
How to Make Gammon Steaks with Whiskey Sauce
- Heat grill.
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter.
- Brush ham steaks with butter-reserve the rest.
- Saute onions in remainder of butter until cooked.
- Remove from heat and whisk in flour gradually.
- Slowly whisk in stock, return to heat.
- Add sugar and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add Whiskey and season with pepper.
- If sauce is to thick, add a little bit more whiskey from your glass. Stop whining and just do it.
- Take your glass and ham steaks to the grill.
- Grill steaks for 3-4 minutes per side-you want nice golden grill marks, not grilled steak black grill marks.
- Plate and serve with sauce.