How to Make Fried Country Ham and Red Eye Gravy
- Sprinkle sugar lightly in an iron skillet.
- Add Country Ham.
- Add enough water to cover bottom of skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes then turn over and cook the other side for about the same length of time.
- Add more water as needed. When the last slice of ham is done and water is almost evaporated add 1/4 cup of black coffee.
- Stir well. You may want to add some extra water and stir again depending on the amount of Red -Eye you want. Very good over biscuits.