French's Fabulous Baby Back Ribs
- 2 pkg
- baby back pork ribs
- 1 bottle
- bbq sauce (i use sweet baby rays)
- 1 can(s)
- carbonated soda (i use cherry coke)
- dry rub/seasonings of your choice (i use shoops seasoning, webers bbq seasoning, and garlic & herb seasoning.
How to Make French's Fabulous Baby Back Ribs
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Drain the juices from the ribs in the sink, rinse and pat dry.
- 2With ribs bone side up, pull the thin membrane of skin from the ribs. This can be difficult at times. If unable to peel, score through the membrane of the ribs before you wrap them. This allows the spices to enter the meat and allows a moist and tender rib.
- 3Generously season ribs on both sides with herbs, dry rubs, or spices of your choice. I use Webers BBQ seasoning, Garlic/herb seasoning, and Shoops Seasoning.
- 4Wrap/seal the ribs with the saran wrap, bone side down. YES!! I know it sounds weird but it makes all the difference. Trust me!! And then wrap them with your heavy duty aluminum foil folding edges to seal like a package. Reseal the foil around each rack. It must be sealed well to hold in steam and juices. Place ribs in a shallow pan and place in the oven. Cook ribs for 1 ½ hours at 425 degrees.
- 5Remove ribs from oven and reduce temperature to 400. Carefully open the aluminum foil (you will be re-wrapping ribs in the foil). Very carefully, remove the plastic wrap, while removing, flip ribs to be meaty side down. (I use scissors to cut through plastic wrap, then pull it from one side and ribs will usually flip over) Discard saran wrap and drain accumulated juices.
- 6Add half of the 12 oz. can of soda (or beer),to each rack of ribs. (I like Cherry Coke) Then add your favorite BBQ sauce on top. After adding liquid, carefully reseal ribs with foil and bake an additional 1 ½ hours at 400 degrees.
- 7Ribs will be “fall-off-the-bone” tender. Cut into individual portions and serve.