French Meat Pie
4 mediumpotatoes, peeled
1 1/2 lblean ground pork
1/2 lblean ground beef
2 mediumonions, chopped fine
·salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, to taste
2(9 inch) prepared double crust pie crusts (pillsbury makes prepared pie crusts, 2 to a box)
How to Make French Meat Pie
- In a pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender.
- Saute pork and ground beef in a large frying pan, breaking up the chunks of meat; Drain grease from sauted meat.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes; combine meat and onions.
- Season to taste with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide the meat filling equally into the pie shells.
- Place the crust on top of each pie.
- Crimp edges and cover the edges with foil.
- Cut 3 slits in the top of each crust.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the top crust is light brown.