French Meat Pie
- 4 medium
- potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/2 lb
- lean ground pork
- 1/2 lb
- lean ground beef
- 2 medium
- onions, chopped fine
- salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, to taste
- (9 inch) prepared double crust pie crusts (pillsbury makes prepared pie crusts, 2 to a box)
How to Make French Meat Pie
- 1In a pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender.
- 2Saute pork and ground beef in a large frying pan, breaking up the chunks of meat; Drain grease from sauted meat.
- 3In a large bowl, mash the potatoes; combine meat and onions.
- 4Season to taste with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Divide the meat filling equally into the pie shells.
- 7Place the crust on top of each pie.
- 8Crimp edges and cover the edges with foil.
- 9Cut 3 slits in the top of each crust.
- 10Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the top crust is light brown.