Franks Eggplant Siciliano1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 qt
- marinara sauce
- 1 large
- eggplant, sliced
- 1 lb
- italian sausage, sweet, cooked, drained and coarsley chopped
- 1 lb
- mozzarella cheese
- 2 c
- romano cheese, grated
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 4 tsp
- basil leaves
- 2 tsp
- pepper to taste
How to Make Franks Eggplant Siciliano
- 1First, take a 10 x 14 glass baking pan and coat the sides and bottom with the olive oil.
- 2Then pour a cup of the marinara sauce into the pan and spread it out evenly.
- 3Next, place a layer of the sliced eggplant in the pan (making sure to work it into the sauce).
- 4Then spread on another half-cup or so of sauce to cover the eggplant.
- 5Now SPRINKLE on some Italian sausage ... then some mozzarella...then some Romano...then some garlic powder...then some basil...then some oregano.
- 6Just try to get the SPRINKLINGS as evenly distributed as possible.
- 7At this point, ladle on another cup of the sauce, spread it around, and cover it with another layer of eggplant.
- 8Now repeat the entire process over and over again until all the ingredients are used, and top off the dish with a heavy layer of mozzarella.
- 9Now, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, season to taste with the black pepper, and cover the dish TIGHTLY with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- 10All that's left is to bake it in the upper third of your oven for about an hour (or until the eggplant is soft and tender), then cool for about 20 minutes before serving.