Florentine Style Roast Pork
I last made this dish about two weeks ago for my eldest daughter's birthday...it was a smash hit!
I know Nona was smiling down on us, happy to know her tradition is still being carried on.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbbone-in center cut pork loin (you may use boneless pork loin but it will not be as succulent or flavorful).
1 sprig(s)fresh rosemary or 1 tbsp dried rosemary
2 clovegarlic, minced fine
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice + 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
1 tspcoarse sea salt
1/4 tspblack pepper
How to Make Florentine Style Roast Pork
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using a damp paper towel, wipe the pork roast then make small slits here and there on the fat side of pork roast. Place in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients:salt, pepper, lemon juice and peel, and the garlic and rosemary. Fill each small slit in the pork with this mixture and rub all over the outside surfaces of the roast.
- Place the roast in the heated oven. Baste the meat with its pan juices from time to time and cook until done. Let rest about 15 minutes before carving into thick slices.
- Any leftovers can be thinly sliced and served in sandwiches on crusty Ciabatta rolls spread with unsalted butter.