Fireman Bob's Slow Cooked Pork Shank my way...
Maybe a new " Comfort " food ......
Fireman Bob :)
- 15 lb
- 13 to 15 pounds bone-in pork shank
- 4 Tbsp
- coconut oil - if you don't have coconut oil, you can use olive oil...
- 1 large
- fennel bulb - sliced thin - only the white part of the bulb
- 1 tsp
- caraway seeds
- 15 to 20 clove
- cloves garlic - course chopped
- 2 can(s)
- 28 ounce tomatoes - diced
- 1 can(s)
- chicken stock - small can
- 1 c
- red wine
- 1 tsp
- red pepper flakes - or to taste
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c
- italian parsley - basil - oragano - divided
- 1 tsp
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- course sea salt - or to taste
How to Make Fireman Bob's Slow Cooked Pork Shank my way...
- 1Have Crock pot heating while preparing the rest...
- 2On the " fat " layer on the shank, make " diamond " cuts deep enough to just split the skin.
- 3Heat the oil over high heat. Add the shank and cook a minute or two on each side until browned. Remove and set aside.
- 4In a pan, drop the heat to medium, sauté the garlic, fennel, carraway seeds with salt till garlic begins to show color. Add the pork to the Crock pot, add tomatoes, wine, chicken stock, Italian parsley, basil, oragano, and red pepper flakes. Cover and seal with foil, and place lid and slow cook for 5 hours
- 5Cook for 6 hours on low, turn the shank at 30 minute intervals. In the last 20 minutes of cooking, uncover the meat, turn it again, The pork is done when the meat pulls easily away from the bone. Serve with pasta and crusty bread and butter.
- 6ENJOY !!!