Favorite Pork Chops
Since the recipe has been scarce since we first cooked it in the eighties I thought that I would try to keep it alive by posting it here.
- boneless pork chops - medium thickness
- 4 Tbsp
- 8 slice
- onion - two per chop
- 4 slice
- 1 - 1 1/2 c
- light or dark brown sugar
- 2 c
- cooked instant brown or white rice
How to Make Favorite Pork Chops
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a square glass casserole dish arrange the four pork chops making sure that the edges do not touch the sides of the dish. Place two slices of onion side by side on each pork chop, you may overlap them if the chop isn't large enough for both slices. Place a tablespoon of ketchup on the onion slices on each of the four pork chops making sure that there is ketchup on both slices. Place a slice of lemon centered on top of the ketchup making sure the lemon is over the onion slices on each chop. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the chops, there will be a lot of it and you may add more to taste and increase the amount and sweetness of the sauce. It is okay if some of the brown sugar is in the bottom of the dish and not on the chops.
- 3Cover the casserole dish and place in the center of the oven and cook. After 30 minutes remove the casserole from the oven, uncover, and place back into the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- 4Prepare the instant rice in the last 20 minutes of cooking time to make sure the rice stays warm.
Remove the pork chops from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- 5Serve pork chops alongside or on top of brown or white rice and spoon the sauce from the casserole on top of each serving and enjoy!
This dish is great for picky eaters. Not everyone likes lemon or onions, and you may remove the lemon and/or onion slices from each serving and still retain the flavor. I like lemons and my husband likes onions so I remove the lemons from his serving and add them to mine prior to serving!
We have increased the brown sugar and onion slices from the original recipe.