Farfalle with Sausage & Butternut Squash
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3/4 lb
- butternut squash cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 1 lb
- hot italian sausage, casings removed
- 12 oz
- 1/2 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- 1/4 c
- basil leaves, chopped
How to Make Farfalle with Sausage & Butternut Squash
- 1In a large, deep skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add squash, season lightly with salt and cook over high heat, stirring until tender and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to a plate. Add remaining 1 tbsp. of oil to skillet. Add onion and sausage and cook over high heat, breaking up sausage with a spoon until lightly browned and cook thru. Returned squash to skillet.
- 2Cook pasta and drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Add pasta to skillet along with reserved water and the grated cheese. Cook over high heat, stirring until sauce is thick and creamy, 1-2 minutes. Stir in fresh basil.
- 3Garnish with toasted pignoli.