Extra thick pork chops with homemade barbecue sauc
- homemade barbecue sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- two cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup catsup
- three quarter cup prepared chili sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon louisiana hot sauce
- juice of one half lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- six center cut pork loin t-bone chops, 1 1/2 inches thick
- tasty pork chop seasoning, as desired, recipe follows
How to Make Extra thick pork chops with homemade barbecue sauc
- 1to make the barbecue sauce, in a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about four minutes, stirring often, until the onion is very soft. Add the catsup, chili sauce, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice, and pepper. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and add the Brown sugar. Mix well and cook for five minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat. Divide the sauce equally between two bowls, one for brushing on the chops as they grill and one for serving at the table.
- 2Season the chops liberally on both sides with tasty pork chop seasoning
- 3prepare the grill for cooking over direct medium-high heat. Place the chops directly on the cooking grate. Cook for three minutes. Flip and cook for another three minutes. Brush with sauce and continue cooking, flipping, and brushing with sauce for another six minutes total for slightly pink and juicy or to your desired degree of doneness. Discard the sauce that you've been brushing with. Remove the chops to platter and serve with a second bowl of sauce on the side. Serves six.
- 4Feel free to doctor it to your liking with a little extra heat, or a little extra sweet, or whatever your favorite addition maybe. Of course, your favorite might come from a bottle or maybe an old family recipe, so go ahead and substitute yours in this recipe as well.These would go very well served with potato salad and baked beans.
- 5tasty pork chop seasoning:
3 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon sugar in the raw
mix together and keep in an airtight container. Makes about 3/8 cup.