Elegant Sausage Apple Cheddar Loaf
- 2/3 c
- 3 c
- bisquick baking mix
- 6 large
- 1/4 c
- 20 oz
- bulk pork sausage (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 c
- diced green apple
- 1/4 c
- chopped onion
- 1 c
- dried cranberries
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
- 3/4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese,or mozzarella
- maple syrup
How to Make Elegant Sausage Apple Cheddar Loaf
- 1Heat oven to 350^. Spray a jelly roll pan with non stick spray.
In a large bowl mix water and bisquick; knead on flat surface 5 to 8 times until dough is smooth. Cover ;set aside.
- 2In a small bow combine the eggs and milk and beat until blended well.
In a 10- inch skillet over medium heat melt melt a little butter about 1 Tablespoon and immediately pour in egg mixture, Cook and scramble eggs until fluffy; remove from pan ; cover.
- 3In the same skillet over medium high heat, cook and stir pork sausage until no longer pink-4 minutes. Add apple and onion, cook 1 minute.Turn off heat. Drain. Return to skillet; stir in cranberries, cinnamon,nutmeg and salt.
- 4Place bisquick on flat surface; roll to rectangle, 10x14-inches. Spoon sausage mixture onto center of dough, evenly distribute scrambled egg over sausage and sprinkle with cheese. Pat mixture to within 1 inch of edges of dough. Brush edges with water.
- 5Starting with long side, roll dough over mixture forming a loaf(not to loose).. Pinch edges to seal.
Place loaf on baking sheet. Cut 4 short slits in top of dough. Spray top with butter spray.
- 6Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing into 8 slices. Serve warm with maple syrup or serve with your favorite gravy.