Eddies Polish sausage posting with loving memory
Irisa Raina 9
But they made enough to not only give to our whole family “both sides” but to get us through Christmas and Easter.
They would make this the month before Christmas, and we had it on Christmas morning and on Easter morning “taking some to church to be blessed”.
When it was gone we knew there would be no more made till the next Christmas! Which made it that more special:-)))))
This is how my grandfather made it, and this was passed down to my dad, and then me.
How to Make Eddies Polish sausage posting with loving memory
- 1Soak the casings in salted water over night. Drain and rinse 3 times.
- 2Grind the veal 3 times, doing the same thing to the pork.
- 3Grind both meats together once more.
- 4Mix the garlic, salt, pepper & marjoram together.
- 5Add the seasonings to the meat and mix well. Add ice water a little at a time, and mix again using your very clean hands.
- 6Thread the casings carefully on to the feeding tube of the grinder.
- 7With bakers twine tie off the links.
- 8Either freeze or cook right away.
- 9To those who do not know about marjoram here is the skinny.
It's a herb, has a minty citrus almost flavor.
Only buy it when you are ready to use it as it will loose its flavor quickly.
It is liked to oregano but has a milder flavor.
I hope this helps!