Easy Shrimp & Chorizo Gumbo
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- shallots, finely chopped
- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- links spanish chorizo or 8 oz., sliced into coins
- 3/4 box
- chicken broth
- bay leaves
- 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 c
- good red wine like pinot noir
- 2 can(s)
- great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- 31-40 count shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 Tbsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 c
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 pkg
- chopped frozen spinach
How to Make Easy Shrimp & Chorizo Gumbo
- 1In a large dutch oven, heat and brown Chorizo without oil. After about 3 minutes, add the chopped shallots and garlic, cook until tender about 2 minutes.
Add chicken broth, wine, roasted peppers, beans, ground pepper and bay leaves. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 2While the gumbo simmers, make the rue. In a small frying pan, melt the butter. Once all butter is melted and bubbling, add the flour and stir until all flour is incorporated. Cook the rue until it turns to a nutty-brown color. Remove from heat and add into the gumbo. Stir the gumbo as you pour in the rue.
- 3Add the frozen chopped spinach and simmer another 10-15 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook and simmer for another 7-10 minutes. Taste for preferred saltiness; Chorizo and chicken broth may provide enough salt. Stir in and garnish with chopped parsley.