Easy Pork Roast in Apple Juice
Ruth Ann Vokac
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largeonion, diced
1 largepepper, any color, diced
1 tspolive oil
·pork seasoning mix
3 lbsirloin or loin pork roast
2 capple juice
How to Make Easy Pork Roast in Apple Juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- On top of the stove with medium temperature, add oil to a dutch oven (with a lid) and add the diced onions and peppers. Sauté the vegetables for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Rub the pork roast liberally with a pork seasoning mixture. (Or make a rub by mixing as desired: 1-2 Tbsps. brown sugar, and 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. each paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp. pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.)
- Set the roast with the rub on the sautéd onions and peppers. Add the apple juice.
- Cover the dutch oven with the lid and put into the oven. Set the timer for 1 hour.
- After an hour, check the liquid level. Add water if necessary to maintain the original liquid level. Turn the oven down to 275 degrees. Set the timer for one hour.
- After the second hour, check the liquid level again and add water if necessary to maintain the original liquid level. Maintaining 275 degrees, roast for 1 more hour.
- After the roast has been in the oven for 3 hours, remove the pot from the oven and allow to set for 15 - 30 minutes.
- The roast is now ready to pull or slice: Remove any fat that is visible. Pull or slice and add meat to the cooking liquid for serving.
(Or put roast and cooking liquid in a plastic container and refrigerate the roast whole in the cooking liquid and slice when cold. Discard any congealed fat.)
- Note: I usually freeze serving sizes of sliced meat and cooking liquid. In the cooking liquid, this meat freezes and warms well!!
- Serve warmed pork with teriyaki or barbecue sauce as desired.