Easy Oven Ribs
You can also make these in a slow cooker. See my notes for more info.
1 pkgcountry-style pork ribs (4-6 ribs)
1 bottleworcestershire sauce (lea & perrins)
1 bottlebarbecue sauce ( kraft hickory smoke or sweet baby ray's original)
How to Make Easy Oven Ribs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9x9 or 9x13 pan.
- Place ribs in pan. Drown with 1/2 bottle of Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil. Press down edges to seal tight. Place pan on center rack in preheated oven. Bake 1 & 1/2 hours. Check for tenderness. The ribs should be just starting to fall apart. If the ribs are not falling apart tender, bake for an additional 30 minutes. Leave the oven on..they'll go back inside in a minute.
- Remove pan from oven. Remove foil and set upside down on counter. Remove ribs and set on the foil. Place a cake cooling rack on top of your baking pan. Place the ribs on the cake cooling rack.
- Brush the ribs with the barbecue sauce. Return ribs to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven, flip the ribs over and brush sauce on the second side. Bake another 10 minutes.
Remove ribs from oven. Serve with extra sauce for dipping, if desired.
- Notes: I use a 9x9 baking pan and a 12x12 cake cooling rack. I leave the drippings in the pan while the sauce is baking on the ribs. You can empty the pan before basting with the sauce. (Just don't pour it down the drain, it will clog your pipes.)
You can cook these in a slow cooker with the Worcestershire sauce on low for 6 hours. Then just baste with barbecue sauce and warm them in the microwave for 2 minutes.
When buying ribs, look for evenly marbled meat. The marbled fat keeps the meat moist. Lean ribs will come out dry, even though they are braised in liquid. Enjoy!