Easy Carne Asada
You can add additional heat to this dish by adding some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to this. Also jalapenos can be served with the toppings.
I have a recipe on my blogspot for homemake tortillas if interested...
- pork loin (about 3 lbs)
- 2 can(s)
- enchilada sauce ( i use 1 can hot, 1 can mild)
- 2 tsp
- clove garlic, minced
- seasonings of your choice ( i used chili powder,cumin, paprika,seasoned salt & pepper)
- flour tortillas
- toppings of your choice (i use sour cream, lime,shredded cheese, avacado, lettuce & tomato, & green onion thinly sliced
How to Make Easy Carne Asada
- 1Mix seasonings in small bowl. Set aside. Peel onion cut in half lenghtwise & slice in thin 1/2 moons, seperating rings.
- 2Pour enchilada sauce in large crockpot. Spread onions over sauce. Sprinkle the seasonings over onion mixture reserving a couple of tablespoonfuls. Place pork loin in crockpot turning to cover meat with sauce. Sprinkle remaining seasoning over top. Cook meat on high for around 4 hours. Turn meat over, then turn heat down and cook for an additional 2 hours or until meat is falling apart.
- 3Take meat out and place on platter. With 2 forks shred meat. Spoon a couple of tablespoons of sauce ontop of meat.
- 4Serve wtih tortillas, and toppings of your choice. I spoon some sauce into small bowls, and dip the tacos into sauce( I usually squeeze a little lime over the sauce to add additional flavor while eating. Enjoy