Dutch Loaf ( lunceon meat )
How to Make Dutch Loaf ( lunceon meat )
- 1Ask your butcher to grind the meats together, or using a food processor to mix them well, but becareful not to puree the meat.
- 2Place in large bowl and combine spices and rest of ingredients, using hands and distributing evenly with the meat
- 3divide the loaf mixture into 2 equal size loaf pans.
Using plastic wrap, push meat down into pans, all along edges to get all air out, to make it all tight. press down firmly. remove plastic wrap
- 4Bake in 275 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours
- 5Just before loaves are done, fill sink with ice and water, upon removal of oven sit pans in the sink for 20 to 30 minutes, cover the cooled loaves and refrigerate.
- 6remove both loaves from their pans to slice and serve. wrap for either refrigerator or freezer storage.
- 7FOR PICKLE / PIMENTO LOAF:
to one of the loaves before placing in baking pans, add : 1/2 cup drained piclle relish and a drained 4 oz jar of pimentos