Dulce de Lelche Glazed Ham
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche (available in the ehtnic section of your market
- 6 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely mnced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- one 10 lb. bone in spiral ham
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
How to Make Dulce de Lelche Glazed Ham
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2In small bowl, whisk the dulce de leche together with the two mustards, the garlic and the cayenne. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the chicken broth.
- 3Trim the skin off the ham, leaving a 1/4 inch thick layer of fat. Score the fat, about 1/8 inch thick, in a diamond pattern. Spread the onion slices on the bottom of a large roasting pan. Set the ham on top and add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth to the pan. Cover the roasting pan with foil and roast the ham for 1 hour
- 4Remove foil and b rush ham with all but 1/4 cup of the dulce de leche glaze. Roast ham for 1 hour longer or til nicely glazed all over, the internal temperature should be 140 degrees. Transfer ham to cutting board and let the ham rest for 15 minutes
- 5Pour pan drippings into a small pan and skim off as much of the fat as you can. Set roastig pan on top of stove over medium heat, preferably over two burners. Add remaining 1/2 cup of chicken broth and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom and sides of the pan. pour deglazed liquid into the pan with the pan drippings. Whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup of dulce de leche glaze and bring mixture to a boil. Slice the ham and serve with the glaze.