Drema's Quick Southern Style Chops and Gravy
It basically makes itself so you can tend to the other sides to accompany this...ideas would definitely be whipped potatoes, coleslaw perhaps and homemade biscuits! Enjoy!
- 1 pkg
- pork chops, thick center cut, boneless (6-8)
- 2 c
- hot water
- 1 c
- milk (whole or 2%)
- 4 Tbsp
- flour, self-rising
- 2 tsp
- black pepper, ground
- 2 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
How to Make Drema's Quick Southern Style Chops and Gravy
- 1Heat large skillet (med high) with oil. Meanwhile prepare chops by washing, patting dry with paper towel. Liberally sprinkle each with salt & pepper. Place in hot skillet covering with grease shield. Allow to sear and brown till crispy around edges before turning. Turn chops and allow other side to brown consistently with other.
- 2While chops are searing, boil 2 cups of water (stove or microwave), add flour and stir or whisk briskly until dissolved and no lumps. Add milk and remaining salt and pepper to this. Stir again.
- 3Do not remove fat drippings from chops. Immediately add the above mixture to chops. Allow this to come to a boil. Lower heat to med low, cover with lid and let finish the job by itself. Let simmer for about 1 hour. The mixture will create a rich and smooth gravy. (If it becomes a little too thick - just add a bit more of warm water and continue cooking).
- 4The chops will be juicy and so tender. You may need to adjust your salt and pepper likings to suit your own taste. Wonderful.. so get those whipped potato moutains ready for the gravy and set out a basket of biscuits!