- tomatillos or green tomatoes
- 1/2to 1 c
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- onion powder
- 1/4 c
- 2 medium
- 4 slice
- bacon per sandwich
- 1 can(s)
- whole chiles
- 1 to 2 slice
- monterey jack cheese per sandwich
- 2 slice
- bread per sandwich
- 1 c
- plain bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp
- powdered parmesean cheese
- may take more bread crumbs, eggs, and milk.
How to Make deep fried tomatillo and bacon sandwich
- 1first step is deep fry the tomatillos.
wash, and dry the tomatillos. slice them fairly thin.
in first bowl beat eggs and milk together. i just add enough milk to make it easy to coat the tomatillos.
on a plate mix flour ,sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, mix well.
on third plate mix plain bread crumbs, and parmesean cheese.
while oil is heating, dip slices of tomatillo first in egg mixture, the in flour mixture, then back in egg mixture, then in bread crumb mixture. fry on med low heat until a golden brown. drain on paper towel.
- 2fry bacon.
put bacon, one whole green chile, sliced monteray jack cheese, fried tomatillos, and mayo if you want it on slices of sturdy bread.
- 3grill over med heat until cheese is melted, and chilies are warm.