Cuban Slow Roasted Pork
- 1 c
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 clove
- garlic cloves minced
- 4 Tbsp
- spices...i used key west citrus herb blend from market day. it has basil, rosemary, thyme and oregano as well as an orange, lime and other citrus flavors
- the juice of one lemon (or two limes)
- 6 clove
- garlic whole
- whole pork loin
How to Make Cuban Slow Roasted Pork
- 1The day before. Cut the loin into three separate roasts
- 2Take a sharp knife and insert blade to make 2 equally spaced cuts the width of the knife in each of the roasts about 1/2 way down. Push 1 clove of garlic into each hole
- 3Place the three roast in a dish and pour marinade over the roast and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until you roast the meat, turning frequently
- 4To roast place all thee into a large roasting pan lined with foil and
cover with foil until last 45 minutes.
Cook at 325 for 2 1/2 hours. (Be sure temp is over 160 for doneness)
- 5You can feed this to a crowd or have it for three nights. I used 1 roast for dinner on Tuesday( yum) One for Cuban sandwiches being brought to a friend's home Wednesday and Thursday Slice up the last one thin, heated through in some chicken broth, made a gravy and had hot pork sandwiches. Pretty economical.
- 6Be sure to let the roasts rest for 15 minutes before trying to slice. Also, if you are going to reheat, slicing is easier while it's cold. And it will warm up much quicker in a skillet with a bit of broth or water. Don't over cook or it will dry out.