Crustless Bacon, Mushroom and Cheese Quiche
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 large
- 1 1/2 c
- milk ( half and half or whipping cream) warmed
- 1/2 c
- bacon fried and crumbled about 6 slices
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan or gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Crustless Bacon, Mushroom and Cheese Quiche
- 1Heat oven 325 degrees
- 2Heat butter and oil in a large skillet. When hot add mushrooms and cook over medium heat until lightly browned and juices have evaporated. Do not crowd mushrooms in the pan or they will steam instead of brown.
- 3Beat eggs, whisk in the milk. Add mushrooms, bacon, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into a 5 to 6 cup baking dish. Set baking dish in a larger pan. Fill the larger pan with water to come half way up sides of baking dish.
- 4Bake until knife inserted is withdrawn hot and clean, about 50 to 60 minutes.